Meet The Counselor
Counselor Mission Statement:
As the School Counselor of Harriet Tubman Village Charter School, it is my mission to provide a proactive, comprehensive, and developmentally appropriate program that supports students’ personal and social needs as well as their academic and career goals. This is accomplished through a partnership with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to enable all students to become successful, productive citizens and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing world.
Here at Harriet Tubman Village Charter School, the School Counselor serves as a student advocate who works with students, parents and other staff members to help students be successful at school and outside of school. Ms. Bush offers parents and students support in these areas:
Academic: Grade monitoring, study tips, participates in parent/teacher conferences.
Personal/Social: Problem solving, positive guidance and a restorative response to discipline, mental health tips, referrals to additional community support services, individual and group counseling.
Career: Guidance in college & career prep.
We help students with:
- personal issues
- friends and peers
- grades, classes
- planning for the future
How does the counseling office help?
- We will listen to you
- We can help you problem solve
- We will clarify and explain things
- We can mediate in case of a conflict
- We can refer you to a person or place for additional help
When to ask to see your counselor:
- When you need academic or organizational guidance
- When you need help with friends or peers
- When you feel really sad, worried, or angry
- When you need help with how to handle a situation