August 27, 2019
Dear Tubman Students and Families,
It is hard to believe that it is almost time to start another school year! I hope you enjoyed your summer filled with fun and exciting memories with your loved ones. We were thrilled to welcome all of you back to a new school year of learning and growing.
Joining us this year are some new faces. As of the date of this letter, these new hires include:
- Adriana Bush- Head Counselor
- Ashley Gallardo - 7th & 8th Grade Humanities Teacher
- Farrah Green - Long Term Substitute 4th Grade Teacher
- Jamie Foley- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Jose Ceja - Physical Education Instructional Aide
We welcome and congratulate them on becoming members of our teaching staff and being a part of our Tubman Family.
This school year will be exhilarating as we unveil a new school model, Leader in Me (LiM). The Leader in Me program is designed to help schools create well-rounded learners by developing the whole person and preparing students to become life-long leaders. Leader in Me is derived from the best selling book by Stephen Covey, “7 Highly Habits of Highly Effective People.” These 7 habits are as follows: (1) Be proactive (2) Begin with the end in mind (3) Put first things first (4) Think Win-Win (5) Seek first to understand, then be understood
(6) Synergize and (7) Sharpen the saw. The Leader in Me program will be a five year process that works in conjunction with the continuous improvement model and that helps everyone in our village to become a leader and be successful in life.
In addition, our summer construction projects have been ongoing. Currently, we have two construction projects in progress with the installation of (1) Central Air and our (2) Joint Use Field. Our school is getting central air in the main building, library, some classrooms, gym, and auditorium. These will definitely help our learning environment for both students and staff. Furthermore, the Joint Use Field is in construction and will replace the existing decomposed granite at the lower field and install natural turf in its place. There will also be a playground and picnic area off to the side of the lower field. Once completed, our school will look and feel wonderful with the addition of these positive projects.
Welcome to Tubman. It is going to be a wonderful year!
Ryan Woodard, M.Ed.
CEO & Principal