Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year! Harriet Tubman Village Charter School welcomes all children and parents. We do not discriminate because of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin or ability in the administration of the educational/admissions policies. We welcome everybody!
Please use our online application form to enroll via PowerSchool. The link is located in the right hand menu of this webpage, "New Student Enrollment". When you complete your application, you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. Once we review your application you will be sent an approval email. The approval email will then give you instructions on how to create a parent portal account.
To finalize enrollment you will need to meet these requirements and provide the following information:
- Copy of the child's birth certificate (or other acceptable proof of date of birth)
- Proof of residency by submitting one of the following: Most recent utility bill, rental agreement or Military housing papers (Exceptions may apply. Please ask.)
- Immunization Records including proof of Tdap Vaccine Booster for 7th and 8th graders
- CHDP Physical Exam and Oral Exam for TK/Kindergarten and 1st graders.
- Home language survey
- Most recent report cards and state assessment results if applicable
- Health Information Exchange consent
- California Immunization Registry
- Over the Counter medication permission form if applicable
Kindergarten Enrollment- A child shall be admitted to a kindergarten at the beginning of the school year, or at a later time in the same year if the child will have his or her fifth birthday on or before September 1, 2022.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) - is the first of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Pursuant to law, (EC 48000[c]), a child is eligible for transitional kindergarten if a child turns 5 between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023.