Harriet Tubman Village Charter School welcomes all children and parents. We do not discriminate because of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin or ability in the administration of it’s educational/admissions policies.
Once a student has been accepted as a student at Harriet Tubman Village charter School, parents or guardians must complete Tubman's Student Enrollment Packet, which may be picked up from the front office. Enrollment forms will be emailed upon request.
The Enrollment packet contains the official enrollment form and the following forms or requirements:
- Copy of the child's birth certificate (or other acceptable proof of date of birth)
Proof of residency by submitting one of the following: Most recent utility bill, rental agreement or Military housing papers (Exceptions may apply. Please ask.)
- Immunization Records including proof of Tdap Vaccine Booster for 7th and 8th graders
- CHDP Physical Exam for Kindergarten and 1st graders
- Home language survey
- Record of prior special services if applicable including most recent IEP.
- Most recent report cards and state assessment results if applicable
- Health Information Exchange consent
- California Immunization Registery
- Over the Counter medication permission form if applicable
Kindergarten Enrollment A child shall be admitted to a kindergarten maintained by the school at the beginning of the school year, or at a later time in the same year if the child will have his or her fifth birthday on or before the following dates:
For the 2016/17 school year the date is September 1st.
Transitional Kindergarten Transitional Kindergarten is the first of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Pursuant to law, (EC 48000[c]), a child is eligible for transitional kindergarten if a child will have his or her fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2